Monday, March 19, 2012

The journey to a new me. . . . .

I have embarked into a new lifestyle, I'm still the same old fun and loving me just trying to be a skinner and healthier one. I have started Mend a Body a program that allows me to eat certain foods, low glycemicand no sugar and low carb. I have given up my full time soda habit and my love for the baked goods, my will power has definitely been tested but I have not given up. My first week was really a long hard week only eating protein no fruits and veggies but my willpower paid off the first week with a 7.6lb loss and a 1 and 3/4 inches lost off my waist I will take it. My 2nd week I lost 4lbs. So down a total of 11.6 lbs.
I get the question a lot of well what can you have or where do you want to eat or can you eat there, I can eat anywhere I just need to make the right choices and so far I have. I know that I have a huge support system. Its kinda funny to hear Amber ask me can you have this mom or that mom and the other night she wanted to go out to get ice cream and Matt said to her Amber is that really fair to mom, sorry she said to me I guess it was not fair. But that is one thing that I don't want to happen is for my family to suffer well not saying that not having ice cream is suffering but you know what I mean, when I get at least 20lbs behind me then I can cheat once in awhile and it will not effect my weight.
So here;s to willpower and fruits and Veggies.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Changing habits is really tough - especially one's eating habits. You and I have had a few discussions over the past few weeks about how my family's eating habits have changed over the past few years, and you know we went totally radical, but for us, the saving grace was to focus on what we "could" eat rather than what we couldn't eat - and it helped. It was still tough, and I'm not sure my family doesn't hate me every time we go to the grocery store and I say, "Sorry, that has high fructose corn syrup (or benzoates, or *insert other taboo food additive*)", but my hope is that we'll be healthier for it.

I am inspired by your commitment and your courage. It's not an easy thing.

We have some hamburg for you. We keep forgetting to bring it with us, but hopefully we'll remember this week. You'll love it! It's 100% beef - no "pink slime" ;).